Flower Care Tips from Dot Flowers
Shiny, Happy Flowers
Emerson once remarked that "the earth laughs in flowers," and flowers are very much like laughter indeed -- brightening the world for just an instant before gradually fading away. Yet if the situation is right, laughter can continue far beyond the first initial chuckle, and the same is true for flowers. Given a healthy environment, some delicate varieties can maintain their beauty for almost a week, and hardier blooms can sometimes last for as long as three.
Dot Flowers wants you to get the most from your cut flowers, and so we've put together some practical advice on caring for your bouquets. It's easy to keep your flower arrangements as fresh as a giggle once you know what your flowers need for a happy life. Following our simple cut flower care tips will help ensure you receive all the joy your blooms have to offer.
Give Your Flowers a Good Home
A carefully managed environment is the key to achieving longer-lasting flowers. Since flowers are approximately 90% water, most of our cut flower care tips focus on making sure your flowers can adequately hydrate themselves. To protect your flowers, these are the environmental factors you need to consider:
- Is your flower vase clean? What do you do if your vase water turns cloudy?
- Is your water right for your flowers?
- How can you ensure your flowers receive proper nutrition? What are some popular homemade flower foods?
- What's the best way to cut flower stems? How should you groom your flowers?
- Where shouldn't you put your flower arrangement? Where will your flowers be happiest?
Once you can answer all these questions, you'll be able to keep your flowers looking fresh for days longer than you'd expect. It all begins with a good, clean flower vase . . .