Dot Flowers : Other Information
Dot Flowers offers a number of ways to find that perfect gift, whether you are hunting by event, style, price, or person. You'll find all of our browsing categories listed on the right of our site. We offer the following sections:
- Events & Occasions, where you will find products for all things worth celebrating, from holidays to love to the ever-popular "Just Because."
- Products, which allows you to browse items by format, so if you're looking for a wreath or a centerpiece or a gift basket, you'll find them all categorized here.
- Price, which makes finding a gift to fit your budget easy. We have products from below $40 to above $100, so finding your price range is only a click away.
- Person, which is the ideal way to match a gift to that special someone. There are a number of selections for everyone from your parents to your coworkers, all of which are sure to impress.
If you are looking for something to match specific criteria, try using the search function available at the top right of our product pages. You can even find arrangements by flower type or color!
Can't find what you're looking for, or having trouble choosing? Call our orders staff at 877 - 4 - DOT - DOT (877-436-8368) and we'll gladly assist you.
Dot Flowers offers both Field Fresh and Florist Direct flowers so you can find the perfect flowers for you. No matter which product you select, we guarantee your flowers will be as fresh as possible. To help you in making a choice, here are the different advantages of Field Fresh versus Florist Direct flowers:
Field Fresh Flowers
If you're looking for the freshest flowers possible at a fantastic price, our Field Fresh flowers are the answer. They arrive straight from our growers, who hand select every flower for optimum freshness, longevity, and blooming potential. Because Field Fresh flowers are usually shipped in bud form, you'll be able to watch as they begin to mature and become fully bloomed in just a couple of days. While Field Fresh flowers aren't available for same day delivery, they are generally less expensive and tend to last for days longer than similar bouquets from a store. Field Fresh flowers have traveled a long way to your door and can sometimes look a little tired upon arrival. Simply follow our easy care instructions and arrange your bouquet how you think it looks best, and you'll be amazed by the long-lasting beauty of flowers fresh from the field.
Florist Direct Flowers
When you need flowers delivered today or simply don't want to fuss with arranging them yourself, choose Florist Direct flowers. Flowers direct from our florists come professionally arranged and ready for immediate display. You can order Florist Direct flowers for same day delivery up until 2pm in the recipient's time zone, and they will arrive in absolutely peak condition. Florist Direct flowers are ideal for last minute gifts, unexpected surprises, and are the best choice for sending funeral flowers. While these flowers do not last as long as flowers from the field, you can increase their vase life by following our simple flower care tips.
Flowers are an excellent way to make a personalized statement. If you don't find what you're looking for on our site, we'd love to help you customize a bouquet to fit your needs. Please call our orders staff at 877 - 4 - DOT - DOT (877-436-8368) and we will work with you to create the exact bouquet you desire. We also offer our Designer's Choice bouquet, the ideal solution whenever you're looking for a unique arrangement or simply can't decide between our beautiful selections. Using only the season's best flowers to ensure maximum beauty and freshness, our select florists will design a custom creation just for you. Simply pick your price and select the occasion during check out, and we'll take care of the rest. You can even include color or container preferences in the "Special Instructions" box on the order page.
Additionally, we can also customize some orders for non-floral gifts depending upon the specified item. If you would like to receive additional information on purchasing customized gift baskets and gourmet food products please send an email to email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.
Some of our products are available in "Deluxe" and "Premium" sizes, which are indicated on the right of the product information page. If you choose to upgrade from the product shown, we will deliver a larger, more expensive arrangement commensurate with your purchase price. For example, an upgraded arrangement may include more flowers or flowers of a higher price, a specialty vase, or other exciting decorative elements.
As you begin the checkout process, you may be offered the option to select accessory products such as a balloon, chocolates, a plush animal, or an upgraded greeting card. Although sizes, colors, and styles of accessory items cannot be guaranteed, we will match your selection to the overall theme and category of your product. If add-ons are not offered for your item, the system will inform you that no accessories are available.
Dot Flowers offers special discounts in the form of coupon codes which can be redeemed through our website. These discounts are subject to the terms and conditions of the individual promotion, including expiration dates and product selection requirements. We reserve the right to end a promotion early in response to unexpected demand or fraudulent transactions.
At Dot Flowers, we know that the loss of a loved one is the most painful event human beings can experience. Sympathy arrangements are our very highest priority, because we believe that flowers can help ease the burden of loss by providing a quiet reminder of hope or a remarkable tribute to a life well lived. You shouldn't have to worry about the details of your arrangement when attention is required elsewhere. That's why we do our best to ensure your floral arrangements make it to the recipient as specified and at the appropriate time.
Sending Sympathy Arrangements
It is vitally important that you select "Funeral" in the "Occasions" box on the order page so that we may provide your order with the attention it requires.
Of course, any information you can include to ensure timely delivery is helpful, particularly the name of the location and the person being remembered, the time of the service or event, and any other details you may have available. This information can be placed in the "Special Instructions" box on the order page.
Alternatively, if you are unable to provide these details, we will do our best to contact the necessary parties and arrange for a successful delivery. For example, if your order was placed too late to make the funeral service, we will contact you as soon as possible so that you may make other arrangements or have something sent to the home of the family. If you do not know the zip code or exact address of the location, we will look it up for you. We will normally contact the receiving location to verify the time of the event and arrange for delivery. If you have selected a delivery date that is before the actual event, we will deliver according to the location's instructions. Please inform us that the arrangement is not going to a residence in the "Location Type" and "Special Instructions" boxes on the order page so we can provide your purchase with the necessary attention.
Selecting Sympathy Arrangements
Many people, particularly those who are purchasing funeral flowers for the first time, are unsure about selecting an appropriate arrangement. We at Dot Flowers have put together some simple guidelines intended to aid you in selecting the right arrangement for your needs.
- Consider the Source: Generally, Florist Direct flowers are the best choice for funeral arrangements, because they can be delivered same day and arrive ready for immediate display. Our local florists work with their local funeral homes to ensure your arrangement arrives on time according to the location's specifications. However, if you are sending your flowers to the home of the family, Field Fresh flowers are also a suitable choice, particularly because arranging these flowers can be a soothing activity.
- Consider the Setting: Wakes, visitations, and funerals happen in a number of different locations. If your flowers are intended for a service, consider the size and style that would work best for the setting. Large, elaborate displays like wreaths and sprays are perfect for places like funeral homes, churches, and outside services, but might look out of place at the home of the bereaved. For arrangements that will be delivered to a residence, flowers arranged in a vase or basket are an excellent choice. Be aware that some vase arrangements might be quite large and therefore better suited for churches and funeral homes.
- Consider the Sentiment: Sending the right message is perhaps the most important consideration when choosing a funeral arrangement. Funeral flowers are intended to honor the departed, comfort the bereaved, and express your loss. Think about the interests and hobbies of the person who has passed away and how you will always remember them. You can pay tribute to the patriotic with a strong display of red, white, and blue, or let the bereaved know that their loved one was a ray of sunshine in your life with a basket of yellow roses. Religious sentiments can be expressed in a number of ways, from the form of the arrangement to the message on your card, but should only be sent if you have knowledge of the family's religious affiliation. Casket sprays are only appropriate if they have been requested of you by the person responsible for the funeral arrangements. Be honest with your selection -- don't go overboard just because you can. Unless you are sending as a group, large arrangements should only be selected if you are a close friend or family member. If you are true to your feelings and consider the wishes of the departed and the bereaved, your arrangement will always express your sentiments appropriately.