Dot Flowers : Ordering from Dot Flowers
Ordering from Dot Flowers is designed to be safe, easy, and even a little fun. For advice on browsing our site to find products you'll love, we've put together some Online Shopping Tips to guide you. Once you've found what you're looking for, here's how our online ordering process works:
- Simply choose a product, enter your recipient's zip code and click "Add to Shopping Bag." Instead of entering a zip code, you can also choose to select a recipient from your address book or to use our Bee Friends system. For more information on these services, please read our Account Services page.
- When you have added a product to your shopping bag, you will be shown each item you have selected for purchase and the earliest delivery date available. You may choose to remove items, to continue shopping, or to checkout now.
- As you begin the checkout process, you may be offered the option to select accessory products such as a balloon, candies, a teddy bear, or an upgraded greeting card. If these are not offered for your item, the system will inform you that no accessories are available. Once you have reviewed your options for each item and selected any accessory items you would like to include, click continue to go to the delivery information page.
- Enter the recipient's information for each product, including the delivery date, occasion, gift message, recipient's first name, last name, delivery location type, business name, address, phone number, and any special instructions you would like us to consider in processing and delivering your order. Please carefully review your information to make sure it is complete and correct before clicking continue. Review our Shipping Information for important guidelines on providing delivery information.
- After you have entered your delivery information and clicked continue, you will be asked to either login or enter your billing information. If you have previously shopped at Dot Flowers, simply provide the email address and password with which you registered. Once you have logged in, you will be asked to confirm your billing address and click continue. For more information on logging in, check out our Account Services page. If you enter your billing information without logging in, please be sure to provide the exact same address your credit card company has on file. We use your billing address to verify your payment. If your address is entered incorrectly, your card will be declined and the authorized funds may be held until cleared by your card issuer. Please be sure to provide a phone number at at which you can be contacted during the day. If there is a problem with your order, we may need to be able to contact you quickly to ensure timely delivery. We require an email address in order to deliver your receipt and to comminucate with you regarding your order, so please be sure to provide an active email address which you check regularly.
- Once you have provided your billing and contact information, you will be asked for your credit card details, including card type, number, your name as it appears on the card, and expiration date. Please be sure to use the credit card which corresponds to the billing address you have provided. On this page, you may also enter any coupon or discount codes you may have before clicking continue.
- Before your order is finalized, you will be shown your order details. Please verify once again that all information has been entered correctly before clicking "Submit My Order." If you need to modify any of the details that appear on this page, simply click the "Back" button on your browser to return to the page you wish to change. Your order is not complete and your card will not be charged until you click "Submit My Order." Do not click this button more than once; clicking more than once may result in duplicate orders. Once your order has been submitted, you will be shown your receipt with your order number. Please print a copy of this page for your records. Within an hour, you will also receive an email confirmation with the details of your order. If your item is being sent via UPS or FedEX, we will send you a second email with your tracking number when your item ships.
Of course, if you have any questions or concerns regarding your order, please call our customer service department at 877 - 4 - DOT - DOT (877-436-8368), or send an email to email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you. You may find it helpful to review our information on "Errors During Checkout" below.
If you are unable to connect to the Internet, have problems using our site, or are uncomfortable placing your order online, please don't hesitate to call our orders staff at 877 - 4 - DOT - DOT (877-436-8368). If you choose to place an order with us over the phone, you might want to select the items for purchase before calling. Simply make a note of the product identification number, which is located on the top left of the product details page, right under the product name. Having this information available when you call will help ensure we understand exactly what product you would like to purchase, and will decrease the amount of time you must be on the phone. Of course, if you would like advice on selecting an appropriate gift or have questions about our product lines, we are here to assist you.
Currently, we can only guarantee delivery within the United States, and so this is the only option we offer online. However, if you would like to place an order to be delivered outside of the U.S., feel free to call our orders staff at 877 - 4 - DOT - DOT (877-436-8368) and we will do our best to accommodate your request. Additional fees apply for international shipping.
All prices are displayed in U.S. Dollars, and do not include any applicable shipping, service, or handling fees, although Florist Direct products may include a minimum delivery charge. For more information on our shipping, service, and handling fees, please review our Shipping Information.
For some items, you may be offered the option of upgrading from the shown arrangement to a "Deluxe" or "Premium" size. The total retail price for the upgraded arrangement will be shown next to the selected option.
Prices for some items during holidays and in some locations may differ from the prices shown on the website. The seasonal or local price for an item will be shown once you have selected the state and delivery date during checkout.
Dot Flowers accepts all major credit cards and check cards with a major credit card logo, including:
- Master Card
- American Express
- Diner's Club
Your card will be billed immediately upon sale to reserve your product for timely delivery.
We are required to charge a sales tax of 8.25% for orders going to the state of California. This tax is only on the actual product, and not on delivery or service charges. If your business qualifies for Tax Exempt status within the state of California, we may be able to process your order tax-free. We will require a faxed copy of your tax-exempt certification letter, and the purchase must be made on a company credit card. If you are interested in making a tax-free purchase, please telephone our orders staff at 877 - 4 - DOT - DOT (877-436-8368) for assistance.
Shipping Address Errors
If you receive an error message on the Shipping Address page, please check the address that you entered for typographical errors, misspellings, or abbreviations. Also, check for unnecessary spaces in the address fields.
Billing Information Errors
Here are some helpful suggestions if you receive an error message on the Billing Information page:
- Error: "Invalid Zip, City, and State Combination:" Please check the information and try again. In most cases, spelling errors, extra spaces, and/or abbreviations in the city field will cause this error message.
- Error: "The billing information that you entered does not match your credit card information:" Please verify your billing information to ensure that it matches your credit card billing address (i.e., street address, city, state, and zip code must match EXACTLY). If you received this message after attempting to submit your order, you may want to check the following:
- Ensure that there are no typos or misspellings with your name, street address, city, state, and zip code.
- Verify that the billing address for your credit card bill is the same as the one you have entered.
- Contact your issuing bank to ensure they have recently updated their online transaction database. In some cases, the address they have entered into their online address verification system is outdated.
- Try an old address. In some cases, it can take awhile for updated information to become active. Addresses up to two years old can be authorized successfully.
- Error: "We are unable to process your order at this time because the payment processing system is unavailable. Please try again later:" On rare occasions, our payment verification system may be down for routine or emergency maintence. At these times, authorizations and transactions cannot be processed. Please note that these outages can last for a few minutes to an hour. No authorizations, holds, or charges will appear on your account. We recommend that you attempt to place your order again in an hour.
Please be aware that with each submission, you may place a hold on your card for the total amount of the order. If your funds are verified, but your card is declined because of an address verification mismatch, it is very likely your funds will be held by your bank until they process a release. Usually, holds will automatically be released within 24 hours or less, but it can take up to several days depending upon your issuing bank. Please contact your issuing bank for further information.
After you have submitted your order, you will be shown a copy of your receipt. We will also send you an order confirmation email within an hour of your submission. Please review this email to ensure your details are correct. The order confirmation email will look like this:
Thank you for your order, here is your receipt
ORDER #: 1999999999.999
City State Zip
(999) 999 9999
City State Zip
Delivery Date: February 14, 2005
Product: Designers Choice
If you have any questions or concerns about your order, please call our customer service department at 877 - 4 - DOT - Dot (877-436-8368) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.