Dot Flowers : Important Policies
At Dot Flowers, we want every client to be pleased by the high level of our service and the quality of our products. Therefore, we guarantee both as follows:
- Service Satisfaction Guarantee:
Dot Flowers endeavors to provide our clients with fantastic service. Our award-winning service professionals are dedicated to going the extra mile in addressing your concerns. We promise to answer every inquiry within 24 hours or less, and to keep you fully updated as we work towards resolving any issues you may have. We will always ask how we can make things right for you, and we will strive to exceed your expectations. Of course, we will always be sincere, courteous, and professional.
- Product Guarantee:
Here at Dot Flowers, we pride ourselves on delivering fresh, beautiful flowers and quality gifts to your door by the date specified. If you are not completely satisfied, please contact us within 48 hours of delivery and we will arrange to either exchange your purchase, credit your account, or have the item returned for a refund.
Please note, there are certain situations and circumstances in which we cannot offer this guarantee. For details, please see our "Delivery Policies" below.
If you find yourself displeased with either our products or our service, please call our customer service department at 877 - 4 - DOT - DOT (877-436-8368) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.
Delivery Exceptions to Product Guarantee
Unfortunately, there are some situations that are entirely out of our control and for which we cannot guarantee our products. These situations include:
- Severe Weather and Other Acts of God: If delivery is delayed because of inclement weather or delivery becomes unavailable to a particular location, we will do our best to inform you of the problem and make alternate arrangements for delivery if at all possible.
- Delivery Refused by Recipient: If the intended recipient refuses to accept the delivery, we cannot guarantee a refund if the package contains perishable goods such as flowers or food. If the package is returned to us and is in salable condition, we will refund your purchase price minus any additional fees incurred.
- Recipient Absent at Time of Delivery: If the recipient is not available at the time of delivery, and depending upon the delivery location, the delivery person may leave a message or secure the gift in a safe place for the recipient to retrieve when they return. Perishable goods can be harmed by extreme temperatures, and flowers in particular need to be cared for promptly upon arrival. If you are unsure that someone will be available to accept the delivery when it arrives, please use the "Special Instructions" box on the order page to specify a neighbor or other secure location where your package may be left. Dot Flowers cannot be held responsible for packages damaged by exposure or neglect after delivery has been attempted.
- Incorrect or Incomplete Address Provided: Dot Flowers cannot be held responsible for deliveries to incorrect or incomplete addresses once the customer has verified the receiving location as correct. If the recipientís address is incorrect and the delivery was attempted but refused, the address can be corrected and delivery reattempted for an additional fee. If we received an incorrect address and the delivery was made, the customer assumes responsibility for the entire purchase. Incomplete addresses, particularly those intended for delivery to offices or apartment buildings, can substantially delay delivery. We will attempt to contact you as soon as we are notified of any difficulty with delivery, and if you cannot be reached, we will attempt to contact the recipient to request a corrected address. There may be additional fees if delivery must be reattempted. The condition of perishable items cannot be guaranteed in any of the above circumstances.
- Packages Left in Offices or Mail Rooms: Products sent to businesses or buildings where deliveries must be made to a central mail room or receptionist may be delayed internally. Generally, these are inhospitable environments for perishable goods. Please ensure your recipient knows to expect a delivery so that your package may be cared for as soon as possible upon arrival.
If you have any questions regarding these exceptions, please call our customer service department at 877 - 4 - DOT - DOT (877-436-8368), or send an email to email@example.com. Remember, our service satisfaction guarantee is always honored.
Same Day Delivery
Same day delivery is only available on Florist Direct products for orders placed before 2pm in the recipient's time zone, Monday through Friday. For same day delivery on Saturday, orders must be placed by 12pm in the recipient's time zone. Sunday delivery is limited and therefore not offered online. If you would like to arrange for a Sunday delivery, please contact our customer service department at 877 - 4 - DOT - DOT (877-436-8368) and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
If you are sending flowers to a wake, visitation, or funeral, additional lead time may be required. Please see our information on ordering funeral flowers for more details.
Specific Delivery Times
We cannot guarantee a specific time for delivery, but for Florist Direct products we can often arrange for delivery to occur within a designated time span of a few hours. If you would like to request a particular time of day, please include it in the "Special Instructions" box on the order page, and we will do our best to honor it. Normal weekday hours for Florist Direct deliveries begin at 9am and continue until 2pm for orders going to schools, 5pm for orders going to businesses, and 6pm for orders going to residences, hotels, or hospitals. Please review our advice on delivering to special locations for more information.
During major floral holidays such as Valentine's Day and Mother's Day, many florists operate extended hours and delivery times are 8am-8pm.
Specific Delivery Dates
For Florist Direct products, we can guarantee your delivery date. All other products are delivered via FedEx or UPS, and while we do our best to ensure shipped products are delivered when specified, some items may have to be delivered earlier than expected to ensure maximum freshness.
Rarely will an order arrive after the specified delivery date. If your items are indeed delivered on a later day than expected and have not been effected by the factors listed above under our "Delivery Exceptions," we will refund all or part of any shipping fees you may have paid.
Weekend and Monday Delivery
Saturday delivery is available for most of our products. Items delivered on Saturday by FedEx or UPS may included an additional shipping fee. Saturday delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is available on most products for an additional fee.
To ensure maximum freshness, our gourmet cookies and a few of our floral arrangements are only available for delivery during the week and cannot be shipped over the weekend for delivery on Mondays.
Only Florist Direct products may be delivered on Sundays. Availability is limited and therefore not offered online. If you would like to arrange for a Sunday delivery, please contact our customer service department at 877 - 4 - DOT - DOT (877-436-8368) and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
At Dot Flowers, we are committed to maintaining the timeliness and integrity of each and every order we receive. Because of the nature, seasonality, and regional availability of our products, substitutions may be necessary to ensure your flowers, plants, gourmet gifts, gift baskets, or specialty gifts arrive when specified. The utmost care and attention will be given to your order to ensure that it is as similar as possible to the item requested. Whenever possible, we will contact you first for approval, but unless the substitution is significant, we will not delay the delivery of your item. Some examples of substitution that might have to be made are:
- Balloons: Some hospitals do not allow latex balloons with an arrangement. Mylar balloons may need to be substituted for latex balloons on some orders.
- Bears: If the shown bear is unavailable, we will substitute for a plush animal of equal or greater value. Size and color of plush animal may vary.
- Flowers: In arrangements of mixed flowers, the colors shown online will be used if at all possible, even if this means substituting other flowers of equal or greater value. For bouquets of a single flower type, we will do our best to match the flower type, but may substitute with another color.
- Gourmet Gifts, Gift Baskets, Specialty Gifts: These items may be substituted for another of equal or greater value with a similar theme and category and of equal or greater value.
- Vases and Containers: If the shown vase or container is unavailable, we will substitute with a similar one of equal or greater value.
- Plants: For green and blooming plants, similar plants of equal or greater value may be substituted. For specialty plants, such as orchids, we will use our best judgment in making substitutions.
Due to the importance of delivering orders for special occasions such as funerals and anniversaries on specific days, we may have to make a significant substitution of equal or greater value without prior approval in order to ensure timely delivery. However, we will always try our hardest to contact you via the phone number or email address you have provided.
If you would like to provide your own guidelines on potential substitutions to your order, please include these in the "Special Instructions" box on the order page, and if we must make a substitution, we will do our best to honor your requests.
Once an order has been prepared for delivery or shipped, we cannot modify or cancel you purchase. This is particularly an issue with same day delivery on Florist Direct products, which are processed and delivered within a short amount of time. If you find your order must be modified in any way, please call our customer service department at 877 - 4 - DOT - DOT (877 - 436 - 8368) to check on the status of your order. If your order has not yet been prepared, we will be happy to honor any requests you may have.
If you are dissatisfied for any reason with the product you have received, please inform our customer service department within 48 hours by calling 877 - 4 - DOT - DOT (877-436-8368) or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to make the situation right for you according to our Satisfaction Guarantee.
Perishable items cannot be returned, but we may issue a refund or provide for a replacement/exchange if there was an error made by us. For Florist Direct products, we will generally arrange for an exchange or a refund. For Field Fresh products, we usually arrange for a refund or a replacement.
Non-perishable items may be returned unopened with the original packing materials and documentation within 30 days for any reason. Shipping costs may only be refunded if the return is a result of our error. To arrange for an item return, please call our customer service department at 877 - 4 - DOT - DOT (877-436-8368) or send an email to email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you. Once we have received and processed the return, we will notify you of your refund. You can expect a credit in the original form of payment within two weeks of processing.
Your Security & Privacy Are Important to Us
When shopping at DotFlowers.com, you can rest assured that providing safe transactions and protecting your privacy are our top priorities. To help our customers understand our commitment to security and privacy, we have outlined our policy in detail below.
Ordering from DotFlowers.com is easy, convenient, and very safe. All private information that you send to us (including credit card numbers, names, addresses, and telephone numbers) is encrypted, so your private information cannot be read as it travels over the Internet. Additionally, once your payment has been processed, we do not store your credit card information in a retrievable format.
DotFlowers.com is partnered with Authorize.net, a leading provider of Internet protection services such as digital certification, to secure every transaction. We also use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, which encrypts your order information to avoid the decoding of that information by unauthorized parties.
Once you become a Dot Flowers member, your secret password is required to access any account area, keeping your personal information private and secure. You can change your password as many times as you like, and we suggest you do so frequently.
Collection and Use of Information
- Placing an Order: When you place an order, we require you to provide us with personal contact and billing information, including your address and telephone number. We use this information to give you a customized experience and to process the orders that you place with us quickly and efficiently. Our database will store only your billing/contact information and will automatically fill the order form with your information the next time you login to place an order. We do not save your credit card information. You may also choose to record delivery information for your friends and family in your personal address book to save time when entering your order. You can view or edit information in your address book at any time.
We require the recipient's telephone number for delivery purposes only. In some instances, we may have to contact the recipient to schedule delivery or to ensure they are indeed satisfied with our product.
- Sweepstakes & Contests: When you participate in sweepstakes, contests, and promotions sponsored by Dot Flowers, we will use the personal information provided to qualify your entry and to contact you if you win.
- Interactive Tools: At the time of registration, you also have the ability to opt-in to our additional services, including a personal date reminder service (coming soon), a free online address book, and our frequent buyer points program (coming soon). We use your contact information so that you may take full advantage of these interactive tools. Of course, you may opt-out of these additional services at any time.
- General Information: When you visit Dotflowers.com, we collect some basic non-identifying information. This specifically includes information regarding your operating system, browser software, and IP (Internet Protocol) address. We collect this information in order to provide you with satisfactory service. We may use this information to detect problems with our server and to administer our website.
- No Third-Party Use of Your Information: Dot Flowers does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to third parties. However, we do have to share some information with our floral and gift distributors for the exclusive purpose of delivering your orders.
- Links to Other Websites: DotFlowers.com may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices and content of these third-party websites. We urge you to follow safe Internet practices: Do not supply personal information to these websites unless you have verified their security and privacy policies.
- Credit Cards: To make a purchase from DotFlowers.com, consumers must have a valid credit card and good credit standing.
- Opt-Out / Modify: Dot Flowers provides options for altering or removing your information from our database at any time. If you are on our promotional lists and would like to be removed, simply contact us in any of these following ways:
- Unsubscribe: Call a customer care representative at 877 - 4 - DOT - DOT (877-436-8368), send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Unsubscribe" as the subject, or write us at Dot Flowers Customer Service, 65 Enterprise, Aliso Viejo, CA 92656.